Since I was waiting for the 101th post entries, I didn’t get a chance to take down the major events that occured last weekend (5th and 6th of Dec). There was so much happening so soon….so many new things in my life!! I just have to take them down here before my memory fails me .
Updates on RS
* RS has mastered the art of bossing her brother. She excels at it. One look from her and SS quivers right down to his bones.
* She has turned into quite a dancer. So the FIL drums a beat on the table and this madam starts dancing like she is at a ‘Ganpati Mandal’ during Ganeshotsav. It is a mix of Maharashtrian street dance with a dash of the Punjabi “Balle Balle”. You figure out how it looks . Surprisingly, she dances for everyone at home, but no amount of coaxing or cajoling will make her dance in front of strangers (people new to her). Good going, I say
* She can now mimic any action that you do. So say ‘cheese’ and she displays all her teeth , trying to say cheese herself!! Make a big ‘O’ with your mouth and see her doing the same!!
* RS had her first visit to the barber’s shop!! Her hair was growing really wayward and we thought it was a good idea to give her hair some shape. So the FIL gladly took her out on Sunday for a haircut. I was all prepared for the FIL to come back and lament how much of a fuss she must have created (being surrounded by strangers). But he came back grinning, saying that she was as still as a statue, absorbing all the new things around her. The mirror, the high chair, the lights…am sure these sights were far too interesting than the drab home she sees everyday!!
So RS now looks like a little Tibetan Monk. The only thing missing on her is a maroon coloured one-shoulder drape outfit. Then she would easily be mistaken as the nth incarnation of the Dalai Lama
Updates on SS
* He has now learnt to add the rings to the plastic ‘lagori’ stand.
* He can join two Lego bricks together !!
* He called me “Mamma”. Clearly, distictly and in the presence of the BF. So there was no mistaking that!! Actually, I was playing with RS in the MIL’s room. The BF joined us shortly. Noticing that SS had wet his nappy, I got up to get him a dry one. And SS immediately jumped up and followed me , calling out , “mamma, mamma”. I really dont have words to express what went through me right then!! Was it like a bolt of electricity charging through each vein? Or was it just the plain rush of old-fashioned motherly love?!! Dropping the nappy, I simply launched myself at the poor kid and smothered him in kisses. He has become quite cautious since…careful not to use the “M” word loosely again
* SS had his share of the barber’s visit. He had this weird hair growth where the crown of his head had hair upto 3-4 inches long, whereas the sides had these downy hair barely a centimetre long!! The barber decided that a haircut wouldn’t do. SS deserved a complete shave of his head.
So my baby now looks like a character from the Chankya series. The only things missing on him, are a dhoti and the sacred thread across his chest!!
Updates on BF
* No major updates, except the fact that I could convince him to work from home on Saturday instead of going all the way to office (he has a release today).
* I couldn’t keep him away from going to office on sunday night. He stayed there the whole night and came back this morning….surprisingly refreshed!!! Apparently, the morning breeze took away his exhaustion. good for him…since he plans to go back to office in the afternoon!!
* I made Biryani on Saturday. Nothing new…a regular weekend meal with family. But guess what??!! It was praised by none other than…hold your breath…the GMIL!! Yup, you heard that right!! She LOVED the biryani. The one made by ME!! Gasp!! I just couldn’t believe it when she said ,”its tasty”. That compliment is H-U-G-E. In other words, I have attained ‘Nirvana’. Mera jivan safal ho gaya!!
* Took time to visit a parlour on Saturday for doing stuff that women do in parlours. I thought it would be relatively free in the afternoon, but it wasn’t. It was packed. Anyhow, so there was this hum of conversation going on with customers and attendants chatting about this and that…..when there came a lull in the conversation…you know, the time when suddenly everyone seems to have stopped talking.
And at that precise moment, my attended chose to ask me this question, “Are you pregnant or has your tummy come out just like that ?”. It was sincere question meant just for me…but in that silence, every ear heard it. Heads turned to look at me, look at my tummy and look back at me, waiting for my answer. Thats when I wished that the proverbial earth split and swallow me!!
“hehe, I had twins, you see”, said I feebly, shrugging my shoulders. Apparently, the others were not convinced. None of them cracked a smiled. Maybe their fackpacks had a role to play there.
Anyhow, I cursed and ranted in my head and tried to ignore the whole scenario while mentally thrashing the attendant for putting me in this miserably embarrasing situation!!! Quickly wrapped up the session, hurried home and described the whole thing to the BF.
“Hmmmm”, said he. And there, the whole matter died a silent death. Thank God(??)!!