Ahh!! Another two weeks plus, and the twins will complete one year. One Oh-God-Where-Has-Time-Flown year. The Omigosh-the-kids-are-already-ONE type of year!!!
There is so much that needs to be covered . So many things to describe what this last one year has been like! How do I start? Where do I start? Have been trying to collect all the instances and make sense out of them.
So let me start with myself. A lot has changed in me and about me. Not sure if other women have experienced the same changes. But based on my experience, here is a list of things that happen when you become a mother of twins-nearing-the-age-of-ONE :-
– Your purse carries at least one of the following :- pacifier, wet tissues, diapers, feeding bottles, hand-towels, rattles, baby cream tube, a pair of socks.
– You have lost hair by the handfuls (not your hands).
– Poop filled nappies and puke-stained clothes dont gross you out anymore.
– You become immune to eating baby leftovers. You dont mind gulping down the cold slimy sludge which is baby food.
– Your ears are sharp enough to hear a baby crying two blocks away!
– You dont remember the last time you visited a parlour.
– You can survive a full-time job and family life with only 3-4 hrs of sleep per day.
– You develop biceps and triceps because both the kids insist on being carried at the same time!
– You suffer from back pain almost the WHOLE day (from bending and picking stuff strewn all over the house).
– You have a spring in-built in your back which makes you look like a J-I-T-B when the kids start whining in the night.
– You end up in office with only one ear-ring in place. And yet, are not bothered.
– You become deaf to high-pitched sounds. It doesnt hurt the ear-drums anymore.
– ALL your conversations start AND end with what the babies did that day.
– You learn to ignore the bored looks of people when above conversation takes place.
– You remember home-remedies for regular ailments at the tips of your fingers.
– Your mobile phone contact list has more doctors than friends.
– Extremely high grocery bills dont worry you. What shocks you to death is the rate of baby diapers and cereal. Rs.12/- diaper!! Thats some expensive poop out there!!!
This list started getting longer than I had anticipated 🙂 !!
Anyhow. thats all for now. This is just the first year (More about first-year experiences here ). There are many more to come.
Need to keep the sanity and humour intact till then 🙂