I was purchasing some quick goodies a couple of evenings back when I came across a restaurant menu board displayed outside the restaurant next door.
I read it. Then re-read it. Checked to see if anyone else was giggling too. Alas, I was the only one !!
Am not sure if there’s one single item where I can point my finger and guffaw. Anyhow, let me show you the list first. And also, let me categorically state that there was no attempt at humour when this list was put up (or so I’m hoping 😀 ) :-
So what all do we have here?
- A single ‘S’ acting as a replacement for the ‘S’ after the apostrophe and also the abbreviated form of “Special” — Check
(I specially like the way this particular coup was executed 😉 )
- Suspenseful Soup name , given the space between “MAHI” and “SOUP” — Check
(I tried replacing the blank with EVERY alphabet. Nothing made sense 😦 , except maybe if they made a mistake and put up an ‘H’ instead of a ‘G’ and then realized they were out of ‘C’ )
- Passenger Name Record Hot pan, Methi AND Adraki — Check
(What?? Isn’t that what PNR generally stands for ?!!)
- Fortune brand of rice — Check
(First time seeing a brand of rice being displayed prominently on the menu. By that margin, wouldn’t ‘Kohinoor’ make a better impression??)
- Desert name followed by exclamation of error/regret — Check
(Am LOVING that OOOPS. I seriously wonder what was going in the mind of the guy who put up this board 😀 )
- Ladies available at 10% Discount — Check.
(Err…ummm…. 😐 *wagging finger* Not good man, not good!!)
And the biggest surprise of all??
They spelled “SIZZLING BROWNIE” correctly!! Really!!
Wonders will never cease 😐