Hey All. Hugs to you. I’ve missed y’all like crazy and missed posting on my blog like a drug addict misses his dope.
Whew! Now that I’ve got ‘high’ on seeing my own blog, let me update you on the many things that happened in the last two weekends. Since its a loooong update and I have a lot more work to do than usual, I’ll give a bullet point list of the major activities in the MomOfRS household (and also the outside 😀 )
- I saw Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part -2. Good friend from work, SK and me decided to book our tickets and watch the show sans our husbands, who have no appreciation for Harry Potter whatsoever (their loss, I say) . So we girls had a fun time watching the 3-D movie. My only grouse is that I somehow want the movie to stay true to the book and I did feel a little let down when the major action events in the book barely landed a second’s notice in the movie. Where was Grawp? Where was Fred Weasly’s valiant fight with the death eaters? Where was Hagrid? Worse, where was Voldemort, the evil Lord, whose name alone sends shudders down one’s spine?! Here, he looked just like a weak creature of the earth, struggling to gain control over Hogwarts and Harry (in that order). I missed them. But the special effects! Go watch the movie just for it 😀
- Went for a special colleagues get-together last Sunday. This was my training group in my current company (in the year 2004) . Its wonderful that even after so many years, we are all in touch, though most have moved over to other companies, other jobs. Most of us made it for the get-together, but some couldn’t. The BF couldn’t accompany me since he had his own appointment with his friends, so I dragged Lui along for company( The MIL took Shobs along with her to her friend’s place). I swear we were the loudest crowd at the restaurant. We yelled and screamed at each other, hugged each other and went crazy over the kids 😀 . It was needless to say, a VERY happy gathering. Will some pics from the meet soon. BTW, it was a wet,Wet,WET day!!! And I did the BIG mistake of forgetting Lui’s raincoat at home. So as security measure, I wrapped her head in a scarf, covered it with her sweatshirt’s hood and then wrapped my jacket around her and put the hood on (in case you are wondering, I had my own raincoat in the dicky). When we returned home, I was shocked to see that her scarf was damp, after all that wrapping up, my dear daughter had got soaked anyway…..but then I realized it was just sweat 😐
- I’ve been reading voraciously for the last couple of weeks. Read some good books and some trash. Also bought a few books through FlipKart. Their service is rather impressive, I must say! I decided a few months back I would now focus more on Indian authors than foreign ones. It helps to read the insights from a fellow countryman , I guess. Anyhow, the latest to join my list are Arvind Adiga’s Between Assassinations, Anything For You Ma’am by Tushar Raheja (avoidable 😐 ) , The Secret by Rhonda Byrne, Urban Shots by Paritosh Uttam and a host of newbie Indian writers, No Deadline For Love by Manasi Vaidya (fellow mommy blogger 🙂 ) and Paths of Glory by Jeffrey Archer . I completed the first three in this list and am currently reading the next three simultaneously (blame it on the multi-tasking thread in my head 😀 ) . Hey Prats, your story was cute. Super cute. Me likes 🙂
- Shobs gave me a health scare last Tuesday. He was restless and lethargic and reluctant to go to school. But he was enthusiastic while taking his bath and getting dressed and having his breakfast. So I bundled him off to school in spite of his protests. Alas 😦 . I reached office pretty late that day and as soon as I stepped in, got a call from the BF that he had received a call from the twin’s school. Apparently, Shobby had thrown-up at school and was howling for his mamma. He also had a high temperature. Lui, was accompanying her brother in the crying business and driving the teachers mad. It was pouring that day and I was a long way from home. Luckily, the BIL called to say that he could get the twins back from school and to a doctor faster than it would take me to reach home. So I gave in and the BIL did the running around. It turned out that Shobby had chest congestion and wasn’t coughing enough to release it. Some cough-syrup and Meftal later, he was chirpy as usual 🙂
- The twins LOVE school (Alhamdulillah). I still can’t belive that the only tantrums I have to face are those related to who will go first for bath or whom I have to dress up first! Its a race between the two, with Lui making sure that she wins, by hook or by crook!! So she’ll run into the bathroom and douse herself with water when I’m outside, removing Shobby’s clothes for his bath. Obviously, since she’s wet, she’ll have to bathe first . This girl is cunning, I tell you!! 😀 . And hey, I have one doubt. I give my kids as little medication as possible (hoping that they build their immunity rather than depend on medication), then why is it that my kids crave for medicines? I mean, I can ask them to behave themselves if they want medication (however bitter it may be) and they’ll toe the line!! Administering medication is a happy time in our place and the strictest punishment would be a threat to deprive them. Not sure if this is a good sign or a bad one 😐
- Went shopping this Saturday, hoping to find some good catch in the monsoon sale. How disappointed was I to find that the only good stuff available are saris (which I don’t wear). There is a severe dearth of dress material and the stuff that is available , is all old stock – looking as dull as old clothes do!! It was a very unsatisfying day, with me and cousin L depressed to wasting an entire day and finding nothing! NOTHING!! I did buy a couple of things, but nothing that I’m happy about 😦
- I visited a Police Station after a long time 🙂 Okay, so dont jump to conclusions and think I’m a regular the 😀 . The only time I went before was when I had to get my passport documents verified. This time, it was for the twins. The verifier took a hefty amount before doing the needful, but we had to wait for a long time for the Inspector to come in and sign the documents. We had an appointment for 8 pm, the fellow came in at 9:15. We were out by 9:30. In those 1.5 hours, the twins turned up the crank factor because it was past their dinner time and they didn’t like the fact that there was no place to sit. Plus, it was pouring outside, so we just stood in once cramped corner with the other families awaiting their document verification. Luckily, we were out before the twins threw a full-fledged tantrum! The severe looking police inspector wasn’t helping the matter any!
- The BF’s aunt went back to her home on Sunday. We escorted her back home, me, the BF and the twins. The weather was lovely and clear and it was a nice chance to get the kids out of the smoke and pollution of the city, even if it was for only a day 🙂 . It was nice to have the aunt with us, we are thankful to her for all that she has done for the GMIL, but her family needs her too. It was hard on the granny to let go, but in the end, we couldn’t be keeping the aunt with us indefinitely, could we?! The twins called out to the aunt as we left her place, surprised that she didn’t hop in with them. These last 6 months, the twins had become quite attached to her and she to them. So though she didn’t sob much when she left her mother, she sobbed buckets as we pulled out on the road 😦 . I guess thats what kids do best! Make us addicted to them and then crave their presence !!
This week’s going to be tough. We have our client visiting from US and we need to comein by 9 sharp each morning. No more flexi-timing till he’s in town 😦 This has put a cog in the gear of my daily schedule, but with the BF chipping in, hopefully, the days will pass by like a breeze. Today, the MIL bathed the kids and the BF dried and powdered them before changing their clothes. He also fed them breakfast, readied their bags and waited with them downstairs for their school van. I do all the above everyday, but just typing this out and knowing that the BF does it all now, gives me a cheerful feeling 😀 . I wish he does this everyday of the twin’s school life 😀
Anyhow folks, I’ve been away for long. There’s a lot I need to catch up on now. Most of you have been blogging like crazy and I have hundreds of posts to read. Time is running out, so I now bid you adieu. Will come back with more posts and more pictures this week.
Till then, Have a great week ahead.