Something tells me this blog is now mostly resigned to narrating weekend updates. Not done at all! I plan to correct this slight at the earliest. Till then, here’s how my weekend went (note : I typed it all out yesterday, but forgot to hit publish. Saw the draft state today 😦 ) :-
I guess this is the only word that best describes this weekend.
And before you jump the gun, I’ll clarify that when I say, “Happening”, I mean, constant occurences of activities related to me and NOT, gossipy, interesting things that happen to other people.
Whew. I’m glad we sorted that out 😀
So, coming back to the weekend updates (and my weakness for bullet-pointing), I’ll promptly start off with Friday evening .
Okay, you got that. Friday evening, I dashed off to the gym and was late for the yoga class by 15 minutes (*hang my head in shame 😦 *). The Surya Namaskar was over by then (yipppeee 😀 ) and I began with the other asanas. I sincerely believe the yoga instructor gets her kicks out of seeing a plump, stocky woman fold herself into a pretzel and then having trouble unfolding herself! Why else would she ask me to do stuff that requires me to do unimaginable amounts of bending, squirming, turning, folding, stretching, groaning and gasping?! Or maybe she just wanted to punish me for coming in late ! Whatever the case, I’m much chastised and much supple today 🙂
Thats the library which has recently opened a branch in Pune (I think the main branch is there in Bangalore). Score!
The icing on the cream? The library is on the ground floor of the same building which houses the gym! Double score 😀 !!
So now, not only do I get to work-out, I also get to issue books and read them at my will. I.AM.IN.WORD.HEAVEN right now 🙂
3) I took the kids to a colleague’s house for a team party. The other team members had come with their kids too and we were a loud, noisy bunch that had fun cooking and having a meal together. Shobs was a wee reserved, but Lui chatted on unabashedly! She did make me feel a little embarrassed at times, but then thats vintage Lui! Which kid doesn’t revel in embarrassing their parents, I ask you! Surprisingly, the twins didn’t damage anything…..but my friend’s house was in shambles by the time we all left 🙂 .
And oh, I made my, now regular, chilli-chicken, which was anything but spicy 😐 . Ho-hum. Will add more chillies next time !
Also, Lui tried to sneak out of the friend’s house with her hands full of the clothespins. We managed to stop her in time and drop the pins back in the balcony. The little felon!!
4) I spent Saturday evening playing with the kids, sorting laundry, cleaning up the room, giving some semblance of order to the wardrobe, and little tasks which otherwise get waylaid. The kids dropped off to sleep early since they were tired after the long day. I watched a rather sad movie, Murder2, because there was nothing else to do and I was bored 😦
PS: The movie is a bore with loopholes one can drive a car through! What a waste!
5) On Sunday, I revived the inner Tamilian in me and made Pongal and chutney for breakfast. It was appreciated by one and all 🙂 . For lunch, I once again made Kadhi, in the South-Indian way, with onions and tomatoes. Once again, it was much appreciated 🙂 (Seriously, I was on a roll yesterday 😀 ) . Post lunch, I went out to buy monthly groceries, cursing the BF who refused to accompany me and the BIL who had work! So I just bought stuff that I could lug back home on my darling Scooty! Obviously, I need to visit the grocery store again 😦
6) In my absence, the BF bought a bunk-bed for the kids. It is second-hand, but not used much. We’ll be redoing the mattresses for it shortly. But the kids L-O-V-E it to no end. It is red, blue and yellow. Has steps and allows them to touch the fan (groan). But much of yesterday was spent in getting the hang of climbing up and coming down. Lui is better at it , maybe because of her height, but Shobs has some way to go where the height department is concerned ( I’m wondering about the authenticity of that PediaSure ad….doesn’t seem to make any difference on my kids yet 😦 ).
Why bunk beds?
Because its high time the BF got to sleep on his own bed than sleep on the floor on a mattress 😀
(I don’t mind this change of settings at all. Obviously 😉 )
7) Yesterday being a Sunday, we had the regular plethora of visitors dropping by to visit the granny. It is heartening to see how many people care for her 🙂 . She is doing okay, I wouldn’t say great because I haven’t seen any improvement on her status for the last couple of months, but at least her health is not on a decline. Some respite, that.
8) We moved the GMIL to the drawing room. Actually, we have a pretty large drawing room, so we partitioned it a bit by use of curtains to make a nice cosy alcove for the granny. One of the reasons for doing it was that the GMIL was cut-off from the regular house-hold activities when resigned to her room, whereas , in the drawing room, she could be a part of all the mad-rush happening around her. Also, she gets to watch some television, though she’s not a fan of it (seriously, I doubt if anyone in my family is keen on watching TV 😐 )
9) I made inquiries for driving classes. Yes, I’m finally planning on learning to drive a four-wheeler. Then I can happily bid the BF goodbye and drive into the sunset 😀 . Will be joining from next week. Hopefully, most of the classes will be covered in the MIL’s Diwali break. I hope I learn quickly and don’t dash into anyone 😐