“Hah!!”, you wonder, “Why the heck would I want to know more about her anyway?”
Good question. And try as I might, I have no answer to that!
But since RM was sweet enough to tag me (because she is a regular reader and after all these years realized that no one tags me, ever ,or awards me for that matter 😀 😛 ) I think I have to honor her request.
But first, I’ll just quickly list eight things that you already know,
1. I have twins.
2. I have no desire for any more kids.
3. I’m a hair’s breadth away from putting up my kids for adoption.
4. I’ll rip out the hair of people who come near my kids to adopt them.
5. I’m prematurely graying.
6. I blame the twins for my ageing. And my extra weight. And my troubles at work.
7. My children promise to make all my troubles away.
8. I believe them.
Now that we have the groundwork done, on to the bigger issues at hand.
Much of what I write here gives people some indication about the type of person I am. Yet, some things are never written about. Unconsciously, I hide some traits and some others take a front seat. Its not that I want to portray a very wonderful picture about myself here! I have my flaws, its just that I prefer fewer people knowing about it 😀
But since I got a tag and my blog is a place where honesty rules, I’ll be truthful and speak up about myself. Some things are good, some are nasty and all of them make me the person that I am today. So, buckle up, coz here it goes ;-
1) I’m rather affable by nature and love to meet new people and make friends. But most don’t know that I’m happiest when I am alone. Even an hour or so of complete solitude (no family, friends or phones) makes me feel recharged. It is the time when I would revel in my “Me-time”. I could just be sitting in a corner and staring at the wall. It still makes me happy 🙂 . The problem arises when my sudden urge for loneliness strikes me in the middle of a gathering! Then, life gets tough 😐 !
2) As a child, I suffered my share of molestation. I was too young to know or understand what was happening then. But as I grew up, I realized the horror of it all 😦 . This makes me supremely cautious of people who get too close to the twins. I’m suspicious of EVERYONE 😐 !
(On an aside, when I was appearing for my SSB, I found out that 29 out of 30 girls had faced the same fate. Shockingly, NONE of us had the guts to confess this at home 😐 ….Deplorable state of affairs 😦 . Will write more on it later)
3) I am a sloth! I hate, Hate, HATE hard work. I do it when I have to, but it doesn’t mean that I like it! I’m lazy right down to the ends of my little toes and nothing that anyone says or does can correct this problem. I LOVE being a sloth 😀
4) I can’t handle money. Sad as it may seem, money and I aren’t really good friends. I’ve been working and earning for ten long years but in all these years I have never saved up enough to buy myself even a single pair of gold earrings. Not that I like gold, maybe thats why I never bought them. Bought lots of fancy artificial stuff though 😀 ! Anyhow, I digress. I am incapable of handling money. Period. The BF does it for me these days and I am thankful for his help. At least now, even around month-end, I still have some cash in my account 😀
5) I am an ice-eater. Meaning, I can munch on ice-cubes throughout the day (or night), any day of the month and any month of the year. Winters are no excuse for skipping ice-munching. I eat up to a tray a day on average. Got into the habit when I was a little more than a toddler and ate fresh snow outside our house in Srinagar. I can still remember the taste of it 🙂 *sigh* . Alas, the refrigerator cannot replicate the same flavour…each time I fill up the trays, I hope and pray that I get that taste again 😀
6) I use men’s soaps and talc 😐 . They smell a lot better than the stuff available for women! I get nauseous at the whiff of fruity, flowery,citrus-y aromas. Alas, all women’s soaps/talcs/perfumes are made along those lines. I’d rather have an Axe than a Ponds! I use Davidoff though…the only thing till now which doesn’t smell, fruity,flowery or citrus-y 😀 😛
7) You know how they show people breaking eggs into a bowl? They crack it, dump the contents into the bowl and throw away the shells. Not me. I use my right thumb to clean the insides of the shell which have considerable amount of albumin clinging to it. I mean, given the size of an egg, it is a shame to throw away a teaspoonful of egg-white just because you are too lazy to wash your hands afterwards!
Or maybe, am just too stingy. Whatever!
8) I have a violent temper. It is not something I am proud of and in the last decade or so, I have learned to curb it , albeit with limited success. The only person who has experienced the full wrath of my anger , is obviously the BF 😀 . He is the only one with whom I can vent out without fear and he understands and accepts it. Maybe his acceptance is the reason I have toned down over the years. I still get angry and feel the surge of it, but now I keep quiet instead of lashing out. Sure it makes my head spin and I’m almost trembling with my efforts to control it, but I’ve realized that by keeping quiet I save myself from saying things that I will regret later. The BF says I do more damage by keeping it in 😐 . Still trying to figure out the right way to handle it !!
Thats it folk…..just laid bare my true self for you to judge. Or not. Your choice 🙂
And now, to the most difficult part…..tagging other bloggers to take this up. Such a difficult task…specially when a) most of them have already done such tags ten times over and b) there are just so many out there that its a shame to pick out just five 😦
I’ll just call out to people I want to know more about. If you have already done the tag, do send me the link as a comment to this post. Else, take it up and send me the link as a comment to this post. See, I just gave you a choice 😉 . And yeah, don’t forget to add the little image given above to your blog. Its a cute little award from my side 🙂